Welcome to OldPhone.net, the worlds #1 site for old and vintage phones of all types. Whether you’re a long-time collector or just someone who’s looking to purchase a single antique phone to use as decorative household item, you’ve come to the right place. As our name suggests, we’re nuts about old phone here and love to share this passion with our visitors. Through our site, you can shop from one of the largest selections of antique and vintage phones for sale.
Our website was first launched back in 2008, and since that time we’ve created quite a following among old phone collectors and hobbyists. As collectors ourselves, we know how difficult it is to find certain antique phones, which is why we originally launched this site – to create a community-driven environment for people to easily find the old phone they are looking. Instead of scouring the antique stores and thrift shops around your town, you can come here to have the perfect old phone delivered directly to your doorstep.
Where Should I Start?
Finding that specific old phone you’ve been looking for has never been easier. To get started, just click on the corresponding store category off the the right-hand side of this page. Our listings are broken down into multiple categories for an added level of convenience. Once you’re on the category page, you’ll be able to browse through the available phones that fall into the category. Please remember to check back often, as we are constantly adding new phones to our site.
In the rare event you’re unable to find a certain type of phone, try using the search box at the top of the page. Just type in the name for whatever you’re looking for, and if it’s available, we’ll list it for you. Thanks again for visiting and we wish you the best of luck!
If you’re new to the hobby of collecting old phones, it’s a good idea to read up and educate yourself on some of the basics. The more knowledgeable you are on the subject, the better decisions you can make when buying and selling old phones. Hopefully, you’ll enjoy learning about the history of phones and how some of the early models work. If so, you’ll naturally learn what types of old phones are worth more than others, and this is valuable information that will help immensely in your new hobby.
Things To Remember When Collecting Old Phones
Collecting old phones is a fun and rewarding hobby that you can continuously work on in your spare time. While we recommend purchasing phones through our site, you should still keep your eyes peeled at any thrift stores, yard sales or estate sales you happen to come upon. After all, you never know when you’ll find an old phone from the 19th century on sale for a fraction of what it’s worth. If lady luck’s on your side, you might come across some phones that are worth serious dough to long-time collectors.
Need a little help with your old phone collection? Here are some tips to remember when collecting:
- Arguably, one of the most important things you’ll need to check for is age. As with most collectibles, the older phones tend to hold more value. Unfortunately, determining the age of an old phone isn’t always easy or even possible, but try your best to get an approximate age by the seller.
- The “less is more” rule generally holds true with old phones. A handful of rare old phones are going to be worth more than dozens of common phones that can be easily found.
- No matter what direction you decide to take your old phone collecting hobby, just remember to have to have fun. Those who are truly interested in phone collecting will naturally have a more valuable and complete collection than those who just do it to pass the time.
- Before pulling the trigger and buying any old phone, try to get as much information on the model as possible. Some phones come with authentic documentation stating the manufacturer, history, etc., while others may force you to do a little more digging.
- Caring and properly maintaining your old phone collection is necessary to preserve the integrity and overall value of your items. If you slack off and allow your phones to gather dust, moisture and dirt, they will inevitably begin to deteriorate away. Check back with us soon, as we’re going to add a phone cleaning guide in the future.
Old Phones and More…
While most of our visitors come to our site for the sole purpose of buying old phones, we also have tons of interesting articles and resources on phones. Ever wonder who’s responsible for creating the world’s first phone? Alexander Graham Bell was issued patent 174465 on March 7, 1876 for his invention of the phone. While most people assume Bell’s phone was the first, there remains much controversy over whether or not his idea was truly original. According to reports, both Bell and an inventor named Elisha Gray filed for the same patent on February 14, 1876. As you may already know, however, the patent was only issued to Bell, giving him the title of creating the world’s first phone.
Of course we also tons of other fun and interesting information for our visitors to freely access. You can learn what some of the most valuable phones are, what to look for when buying an old phone, how to determine their value and how to properly care for them. These are just a few of the things you can discover here at OldPhone.net. If you haven’t done so already, take a few minutes to browse around through our site to see what all we offer.